2023 Honda HR-V details released
by CM Staff
The new second-generation HR-V was designed and engineered to be longer and wider than its predecessor.
MARKHAM — On June 7, the details of the 2023 Honda HR-V was released. It reportedly boasts a larger, more responsive engine, an all-new platform with an independent rear suspension, and a an interior with standard digital instrumentation and Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. The new HR-V will start to arrive in dealerships this month.
The new second-generation HR-V was designed and engineered to be longer and wider than its predecessor, while featuring more rear seat legroom. The HR-V’s wheelbase has been extended and its tracks are wider, creating an athletic stance and reportedly improving stability. The safety features include standard Honda Sensing®, front airbags, as well as standard side-impact and knee airbags.
“The new HR-V is the perfect size for those looking for a SUV that can park in tight spaces and carry all their gear while delivering a fun and sporty driving experience,” said Steve Hui, Assistant Vice President Honda Canada. “HR-V’s upgraded and enhanced features will solidify its position as a segment leader that will attract a new generation of Honda customers. We expect it will be popular with young and diverse consumers representing a variety of lifestyles.”
- Exterior and interior styling
- Standard digital instrumentation
- Standard 7-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Available HD 9-inch colour touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration (EX-L Navi)
- Enhanced Honda global architecture combines the best of the CR-V platform with the new 11th-generation Civic platform
- New fully independent rear suspension
- Reportedly a more responsive 2.0-litre engine
- Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control™
- New Hill Descent Control feature
- Standard Honda Sensing® system with new front wide-view camera, new Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) and Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Standard knee and rear passenger side-impact airbags