Every month, Fundingportal tracks which companies and organizations in the cleantech sector secured government incentives and provides you with insights on how to find and secure funding for your business.
This Month’s Featured Grants
- The Inuvik Wind Generation Project receives $30M in funding from the new Arctic Energy Fund and $10M from the Government of the Northwest Territories to develop an energy system that will include wind turbines, a grid controller and a large battery storage system (Source).
- Granule 777 Inc. in Quebec receives $15M from Natural Resources Canada’s Investments in Forest Industry Transformation (IFIT) program and Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions’ Quebec Economic Development Program to build the first fully integrated industrial wood pellet and sawmill complex in Canada. The new mill will use 450k green metric tons of biomass (Source).
- Etalim Inc. in Vancouver receives $3.31M from the Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative to commercialize thermal acoustic converter technology (Source).
Are these funds right for your business?
- The Arctic Energy Fund is a federal program that supports energy security in Northern communities.
- The Investments in Forest Industry Transformation (IFIT) program offers grants to forestry industry applicants to implement innovative, first-in-kind technologies in their facilities. The program’s fourth call for proposals is currently closed.
- The Quebec Economic Development Program is a federal program available to Quebec organizations to help them grow their business, export, improve their productivity, and innovate.
- The Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative is a federal program available to SMEs in Western Canada to help them commercialize their innovative solutions. The program does not currently have an open funding round.
Fundingportal assists Canadian cleantech companies to get funded. Learn more.