Who Got Funding in October (Cleantech)
Fundingportal helps Canadian cleantech companies get funded
Every month, Fundingportal tracks which companies and organizations in the cleantech sector secured government incentives and provides you with insights on how to find and secure funding for your business.
This Month’s Featured Grants
- General Fusion Ltd. in B.C. received $49.3M from the Strategic Innovation Fund to develop a first-of-its-kind large-scale prototype plant that will demonstrate a practical approach to commercializing electricity from fusion energy (Source).
- Alliance Magnesium in Quebec receives $12M from the SD Tech Fund to support the second phase of demonstrating its clean magnesium production technology (Source).
- Yava Alumina in Toronto receives $9.9M from the SD Tech Fund to develop a proprietary, environmentally responsible process for recovering high-purity alumina used in smartphones and LED lighting (Source).
Are these funds right for your business?
- The Strategic Innovation Fund is a federal program that supports innovative companies in all regions of Canada and from all sectors with eligible project costs above $20M.
- The SD Tech Fund provides grants to innovative Canadian clean technologies companies seeking to develop and commercialize their technologies. The average contribution is $2M-$4M (up to 33% of eligible project costs).
Fundingportal assists Canadian cleantech companies to get funded. Learn more.