Purolator announces shipping deal with Best Buy
by CM Staff
The company also grew its workforce, added new agent partners to bring more shipping locations closer to consumers, expanded its fleet and rolled out more digital tools to make it quicker to send and track packages.
TORONTO — On Nov. 25, Purolator announced a nationwide partnership with Best Buy as part of Purolator’s plan to provide service to its customers for the 2022 holiday season. The company also grew its workforce, added new agent partners to bring more shipping locations closer to consumers, expanded its fleet and rolled out more digital tools to make it quicker to send and track packages.
“We continue to make investments in our network and customer experience to ensure we are ready to provide exceptional service as businesses and consumers gear up for the holidays,” said John Ferguson, President and CEO, Purolator. “We are expecting to process nearly 48 million packages during this busiest season of the year, and we’re ready to take on more! With this Best Buy partnership, we will now have more than 2,000 shipping locations across the country.”
Purolator customers can now drop off and pick up packages at 101 Best Buy stores across Canada.
All Purolator shipping locations, including Best Buy stores, can be found using Purolator’s locator tool on purolator.com and on its mobile app.
- Hired 1,200 new employees across the country to try and deliver more packages.
- Expanded its fleet by nearly 10 per cent to meet market demand.
- Enhanced its Purolator Your Way web app to track packages and personalize e-commerce delivery; consumers can subscribe at purolator.com/subscribe-to-pyw.
- Added and enhanced shipping access points:
- More agent partners including Swiftpost (55 locations in 2022), in addition to Best Buy (101 locations).
- Added Quick Stop Kiosks for 24/7 contactless services, Quick Stop Pick-Up parcel lockers and Purolator drop boxes to increase package drop-off and pick-up locations by 30 per cent in high-traffic areas.
- Simplified returns with label free services. Customers can have their return shipping label printed via QR code at more than 1,000 retail locations.
- Set up Mobile Quick Stop trucks outside its highest-traffic terminals.
- Expanded condominium parcel locker program to offer residents convenient package pick up, any time of the day or night, at over 235 boxes in busy urban areas.