Nominal Controls releases Mach-1 DC solid state contactors
Nominal Controls Inc. extends their DC solid state switching capability to the 100 to 400 ADC range with the release.
Sales & Marketing
Technology / IIoT
WATERLOO — Nominal Controls Inc., a Canadian manufacturer of pressure sensing and power control technologies, released their new Mach-1™ DC Contactors. This release extends the company’s DC solid state switching capability to the 100 to 400 ADC range.
Mach-1™ DC contactors incorporate semiconductor technology in an industry-standard panel mount solid state relay package. They can handle high current, high voltage, and high frequency applications operating at up to 400A nominal (1200A inrush), 1500 VDC, and 10 kHz.
“The development of this innovation is made possible through collaborations with the Accelerator Centre and Communitech,” says Peter Zhang, manager and product officer. “We look forward to helping customers build the next state-of-the-art systems.”
Mach-1™ DC solid state contactors enable new feasibility with:
- Retrofitting higher voltage electro-mechanical contactors
- Interrupting current in <20μs for down-line protection
- Fine-tuning DC power with PWM up to 10kHz
- Supporting direct CMOS/TTL inputs from computers, Arduino and Raspberry Pi devices
Sample Applications of the Mach-1™ DC solid state contactors:
- General industrial process controls
- DC motor starter & power control
- Electric vehicle systems
- Renewable energy systems
- Battery charge/discharge applications
- BMS protection
- DC welding
Nominal Controls Inc. is a Canadian-based manufacturer of measurement and power control technologies.