BCI Marine becomes the Canadian distributor of X Shore
by CM Staff
BCI Marine has secured the first North American distribution deal with the Swedish company.
MONTREAL — Canadians can now book a test-drive and pre-order the all-electric and connected X Shore Eelex 8000. BCI Marine, a Canadian distributor will have a fleet of the Eelex 8000, a 100% electric boat powered by intelligent software.
The first boat is expected to arrive in Canada in July and the remaining boats ordered will be delivered to their recipients in 2022.
Founded by Patrick Hardy, BCI Marine is a family-owned business with an objective to revolutionize the Canadian boating industry by focusing on unique, innovative products, like X Shore.
“In just one year’s time, BCI Marine is getting one step closer to fulfilling its vision of introducing innovative new boats to Canada. We aim to enhance our industry’s image and to revive the unbridled joy of pleasure-boating while remaining mindful of the environment,” adds Hardy in a statement. “In this sense, it is a great honour for us to offer Canadians our premium X Shore boats that will allow them to cruise the many lakes of the Country onboard Eco-Friendly cruisers that are pollution free and noiseless.”
“Keeping our overall goal of helping the boating industry evolve and adapting to support a cleaner environment, we’re excited to be working with BCI Marine as our first North American distribution agreement,” said Jenny Keisu, CEO of X Shore. “Considering Canada accounts for 20% of our planet’s natural water reservoirs, we see a huge opportunity for growth in the Canadian market, particularly as sustainability is a top priority for the country and its citizens.”
The Eelex 8000 can be unlocked and turned on remotely through X Shore’s proprietary smartwatch and mobile app, while remote diagnostics and smart overboard detection provides enhanced safety measures. X Shore owners will even have the ability to turn on the autopilot feature so they can enjoy the surrounding nature, further enhanced by the silent ride.
The Eelex 8000 is a 26-foot performance cruiser equipped with a 300 HP electric motor and a 120-kWh battery that can reach speed of up to 35 knots with a cruising speed of 25 knots.
In tandem with the current era, the Eelex 8000 is equipped with top-of-the-line controls and navigation systems, all of which are connected to make the best use of data and offer the best security, performance, and ease of use to pleasure boaters who seek to explore Canadian waters in a relaxing and safe manner.
Here are a few features found onboard the Eelex 8000:
- Set Drive Mode options, with endurance mode for maximum range
- Pre-installed high-quality maps
- Plan and sync routes with Garmin ActiveCaptain navigation through tablet or phone
- Audio, light, pump, and temperature control all from one touch panel next to your map
- Hydraulic or electric steering with most-used controls on the steering wheel
- Garmin Watch | Overboard detection: Eelex 8000 will stop within 10 seconds of a watch wearer being more than 10 metres away from the boat or underwater, and switch boat on or off via Bluetooth within a 10-metre range from the boat
- Mobile App: Check status of charge, location and condition
- Error and performance tracking
- Alerts onboard and sent to mobile devices if serious errors occur