SASKATOON—A 19-year-old man has died after a construction accident in a Saskatoon neighbourhood.
Emergency crews were called to a back alley at about 8:30 a.m. Nov. 30 after a large piece of concrete fell off a truck and onto the man.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
City manager Murray Totland said the man was working on a city sound wall that had been contracted out to a private company.
He said their thoughts are with the man’s friends and family.
A coroner and occupational health and safety officials are investigating the incident.
“The city health and safety division is lending support to the ongoing provincial occupational health and safety investigation,” Totland said. “In addition to supporting the provincial investigation, city staff are also conducting their own review.”
The man’s name has not yet been released.
—with files from CTV Saskatoon