BDS Fleet Service hires medical director during COVID-19
The Toronto-based fleet repair facility is introducing strategies employed by hospitals to minimize exposure risk and help contain the spread of this virus
TORONTO – BDS Fleet Service, a Toronto-based 61 bay private vehicle fleet repair facility, announced April 23 that the company has hired Medical Safety Director Neil Verma to join the team amid COVID-19.
According to a statement, BDS wanted to introduce the strategies employed by hospitals to minimize exposure risk and help contain the spread of this virus.
“The situation is evolving on a daily basis and we are committed to bringing our customers and vendors the latest communication as it pertains to our company’s stance on health and safety and our business continuity plan,” said Brij Sharma, president and CEO of BDS Fleet Service, in a prepared statement.
Staff and personnel have adapted procedures regarding pick-up, drop-off and handling of customer vehicles including:
- Disinfecting customer keys and key fobs.
- Driver services disinfects all touchpoints within each customer vehicle on pick-up
- Technician disinfects all touchpoints within each customer vehicle upon start and completion of repair.
- Full interior anti-bacterial cleaning before vehicle is returned.
- Driver disinfects all touchpoints within each customer vehicle again on drop-off.
- All staff utilize gloves and a mask or shield at all times.