New industry portal: online safety guide for electrical products
by CM Staff
The industry web portal shares important safety tips that buyers must be mindful of when adding electrical products to their online shopping carts
TORONTO — Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) represents electrical and automation manufacturers, distributors and sales agents, who together with EFC, are committed to advancing electrical safety in Canada.
EFC has partnered with provincial regulators, certification agencies, the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and other safety partners to develop an industry web portal to educate consumers and electrical customers about:
- what to look for when purchasing electrical products online (safety checklist)
- which electrical products require certification?
- what certification marks are used for electrical products in Canada?
- what do the certification marks look like?
- how to report unmarked, uncertified electrical products
The industry web portal shares important safety tips that buyers must be mindful of when adding electrical products to their online shopping carts – including checking for certification marks and labels, and purchasing from trusted sources such as authorized electrical distributors.