MASSENA, N.Y.—Shipping traffic is moving again on the St. Lawrence Seaway after a cruise ship was removed from the northern New York lock it crashed into last week.
The Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corp. says the Saint Laurent was refloated and exited the Eisenhower Lock at Massena June 20. Navigation on the seaway resumed late that afternoon, with 15 vessels continuing voyages that were halted by Thursday night’s accident.
The 286-foot cruise ship hit an approach wall bumper at the lock as the vessel made its way from Montreal to Toronto. FleetPro, the ship’s Miami-based operators, say 19 passengers and three crew members suffered minor injuries.
FleetPro says the 192 mostly French and Swiss passengers got off the ship Friday afternoon and were bused to Montreal to catch flights home.