Porsche unveils hot new 911 Carrera [VIDEO]
by Canadian Manufacturing Daily Staff
Two new offerings this year—the 911 Carrera and 911 Carrera S—both are equipped with Porsche’s first seven-speed transmission.
DETROIT—Porsche unveiled its 911 Carrera Cabriolet at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, debuting a completely updated, lighter and sleeker look for its iconic convertible coupe.
The 350 horse-power 911 Carrera and the 400 horse-power 911 Carrera S are both rear-wheel drive cars with a new lightweight design and more fuel efficient motors.
The 911 Carrera also comes with the auto industry’s first seven-speed, manual transmission.
911 Carrera Cabriolet
- 3.4-litre, 350 h.p, Boxer engine
- Rear-wheel drive, seven-speed manual transmission, optional seven-speed Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK), it’s formerly racing-only dual clutch transmission
- Acceleration: 0 – 100 km/h in 5.0 seconds. With PDK: in 4.8 seconds (4.6 seconds with Sport Chrono Package)
- Top speed: 286 km/h. With PDK: 284 km/h
- Fuel consumption: 9.2 l/100 km. With PDK: 8.4 l/100 km CO2 198 g/km.
911 Carrera S Cabriolet
- 3.8-litre boxer engine with 400 h.p.
- Rear-wheel drive, seven-speed manual transmission, optional seven-speed PDK
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds. With PDK: in 4.5 seconds (4.3 seconds with Sport Chrono Package)
- Top speed 301 km/h. With PDK: 299 km/h
- Fuel consumption: 9.7 l/100 km. With PDK: 8.9 l/100 km.
Check out the Porsche 911 Carrera in action: