Small explosion in Winnipeg after equipment malfunction
Reports from scene said steam machine blew up; one person suffered minor injuries
WINNIPEG—One person has been hurt in a small explosion at a Winnipeg business.
It happened on the fourth floor of business on Portage Avenue.
The blast blew out the window, sending shattered glass down onto the sidewalk on the north side of Portage Avenue.
Reports from the scene said it was a steam machine that blew up, but police would only say a “piece of equipment” malfunctioned.
Officers say one person suffered minor injuries.