Organic cannabis producer hosts site visits at Hamilton and Valleyfield facilities
by CMO Staff
Attendees were able to witness cutting-edge engineering and technology that went into building TGOD's facilities, as well as sample non-infused beverage formulations
The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd., a leading producer of premium certified organic cannabis, hosted site visits for analysts at its Hamilton and Valleyfield facilities on September 19-20.
The cannabis producer is growing certified organic cannabis at scale.
“By leveraging our proprietary growing methods, purpose-built facilities and industry-leading horticultural team, we are creating a wide economic moat within the premium organic segment,” said Brian Athaide, CEO of TGOD. “We are extremely proud to showcase the hard work that went into designing and building these state-of-the-art facilities as well as our cannabis 2.0 portfolio.”
The facility has a planned capacity of 219,000 kgs and is building 1,643,600 sq. ft. of cultivation and processing facilities across Ontario, Quebec, Jamaica and Denmark.
Highlights of the production ramp-up:
- Approximately 25 analysts from Canada and the United States participated in the event.
- The company’s growing team showcased TGOD’s grow differentiation and proprietary horticultural practices.
- The tour included a walk through of TGOD’s purpose-built facilities designed specifically for certified organic cannabis cultivation.
- With the Hamilton hybrid greenhouse completed and rooms licensed by Health Canada, total annual production capacity for the site is 17,500 kg.
- The company unveiled its cannabis 2.0 portfolio, including non-infused beverage formulations sampling.
TGOD reports that the Valleyfield site’s first phase is on track to be completed in Q4 with the first harvest in early 2020, taking annual production capacity for the site to 65,000 kg.
The company noted that large scale cultivation, combined with premium pricing, is expected to generate industry-leading margins.
The publicly traded company bills itself as a premium global organic cannabis company, with operations focused on medical cannabis markets in Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America, as well as the Canadian adult-use market.
Print this page