OTTAWA—Lixar IT Inc. has been in stealth mode for nine months, working with Delphi and Verizon to develop and deliver a first-in-class Vehicle Diagnostics system that connects your mobile device to your car.
This new cloud-based automotive connectivity service was announced by Delphi and Verizon at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Vehicle Diagnostics works through a cloud system that connects your car to your smartphone (or internet browser), showing precisely where your car is, as well as options to secure it and check its vital information.
Lock & unlock doors, locate, track and monitor your vehicle from your phone. Indeed, the Delphi car connectivity service enables drivers to carry out the following features remotely:
- Use your smartphone, laptop or tablet as a key fob regardless of location when your keys are locked in your car.
- Connect your smart phone to your car via Bluetooth for key fob commands when in locations like a parking garage.
- Locate and access your cars anywhere, at any time.
- Monitor vehicle status.
- Diagnose the vehicle’s engine health.
- Receive alerts for driving behavior and vehicle performance issues.
- Set up geo-fences and receive alerts for entry and exit.
- Live tracking.
- Auto trip logs.
“For a long time now, our industry has had the vision of a connected car. We believe this product will significantly accelerate the pace at which cars on the road become connected,” said Kathy Winter, vice-president of Advance Engineering and Software and Services, Delphi Electronics and Safety.
Lixar IT Inc. is based in Ottawa and Halifax and focuses on bringing mobile, big data integration and cloud-based product and services to the air, auto, telecommunications and travel sectors. It collaborates with strategic partners to deliver innovative and creative solutions in the areas.