Marquis Book Printing to accelerate its $30M Horizon 2025 capital investment plan
The investments will be operational in 2021-2022 and will impact equally their three Marquis manufacturing plants, located in Montmagny, Louiseville and Toronto.
Exporting & Importing
Sales & Marketing
MONTREAL — In response to the North American book publishing industry’s supply chain challenges and increase in book sales, Marquis is accelerating its Horizon 2025 capital investment plan, to try and increase printed book production capacity and improve manufacturing efficiency. The investments will be operational in 2021-2022 and will impact equally their three Marquis manufacturing plants, located in Montmagny, Louiseville and Toronto.
“This accelerated $30 million commitment will build on Marquis’ state-of-the-art book manufacturing digital and offset platforms. It will create an environment-friendly and efficient work environment for our employees and will unleash more capacity for our customers,” states Serge Loubier, President and CEO of Marquis Book Printing.
$30M to increase capacity, productivity and speed to market for publishers
- Accelerated investments in 2021:
- Doubling Toronto capacity for perfect-bound books.
- Increasing Toronto capacity for inkjet book printing driven by upgraded HP inkjet platforms, plus new book finishing capacity.
- Increasing Louiseville capacity for monochrome offset printing.
- Increasing Louiseville capacity with a new highly efficient binding line.
- Accelerated investments in 2022:
- New EFI print manufacturing and ERP business systems to improve responsiveness, power new automation and optimize capacity utilization.
- Doubling capacity at Montmagny for sheetfed offset colour book manufacturing with the addition of a UV press to improve efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint while matching the highest quality standards.
- Tripling Toronto capacity for case-bound book manufacturing.
- Investing in automated book packaging in all three plants.
- Integrating expanded book warehousing and logistic services.
- Hiring of over 70 new employees to drive higher throughput.
The acceleration of Horizon 2025 investment plan represents a step towards trying to be the preferred partner of publishers by offering innovative and integrated print and logistics solutions.