Manitoba signs clean energy deal with Mitsubishi
Province, manufacturer to work on new technologies
The two signed a memorandum of agreement this month for a series of collaborative demonstrations, including:
- electrification of transportation and recharging infrastructure projects
- battery-storage technologies
- heat-pump technologies
- advanced biofuels technologies
- wind-energy technologies
- energy-efficiency technologies and systems
- solar technologies and silicon processing
- integrated energy production, storage and utilization demonstrations.
“Ultimately, we hope to see more of those technologies developed, tested and manufactured in Manitoba for local and global markets,” said Manitoba Premier Greg Selinger.
Mitsubishi said it chose Manitoba to carry out clean energy demonstrations because of the cold climate and access to natural resources.