EDMONTON—KUDU Industries, a Calgary-based manufacturer of progressive cavity pumps for the oil and gas sector, has been named Alberta’s Exporter of the Year.
The company, which won the award at the Alberta Export Awards in Edmonton May 23, was also named top Alberta Exporter in the manufacturing, Oil & Gas sector.
The Alberta Export Awards, presented by the Canadian Manufactures & Exporters (CME), Government of Alberta and media company JuneWarren Nickles Energy Group, recognize the world-leading efforts of Alberta’s top export companies from all regions of the province.
“These companies have customers that are world-wide and the winners are world leaders in what they do,” says CME president and CEO Jayson Myers.
“These are the stories that drive the next generation of jobs and economic success here in Alberta.”
Other award winners at the 2014 Alberta Export Awards are:
- Manufacturing, Oil & Gas: KUDU Industries Inc.
- Manufacturing, other: IMC International Mascot Corp.
- Agricultural and consumer products: & Consumer: Champion Pet Foods LP
- Technology and Media: Pure Technologies Ltd.
- Services: SAIT Polytechnic
- Emerging exporter: Hunter Well Science Ltd.
- Leadership Award: John Cotton
- International Business Studies Student Winner: Charles Ma
Sponsors for the 2014 event included HSBC, The Edmonton International Airport, Export Development Canada, Grant Thornton and the Alberta Provincial Government.