Geomega Resources Inc. announces REE recycling demo plant update
by CM Staff
With an expanded team of engineers since the end of 2021, Geomega has been working to advance the construction of their new facility.
MONTREAL — Geomega Resources Inc., a developer of clean technologies for the mining, refining, and recycling of rare earths and other critical materials, provides shareholders with a technical update on the rare earths recycling demo plant located in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec.
“Our engineering team has been working diligently to ensure that the roll out to procurement and construction goes smoothly and that any unnecessary risks are being addressed. The migration from external process engineering to bringing it in-house has been successful and has provided the engineering team more flexibility and control as we move towards construction. The engineering team is preparing the execution stages for procurement and construction and are working with suitable service providers that will deliver to our specifications, especially with regards to delivery times and being on budget. I would like to thank shareholders for their continued patience, and we will be providing further updates on engineering, procurement and construction as these activities progress and milestones are reached.” commented Kiril Mugerman, President & CEO of Geomega.
With an expanded team of engineers since the end of 2021, Geomega has been working to advance:
- Process design – The process flow diagrams (PFD), process control diagrams (PCDs), stream tables, utility list, process description, control philosophy and operation schedule (batch process) for the project are now complete with minor changes expected to be integrated periodically as the project advances. The Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) are approximately at 50% completeness level providing sufficient support to start ordering equipment. Line sizing, instrumentation and control hardware selection is ongoing.
- Equipment and packages – The engineering team has now completed the internal review of the equipment design, datasheets, and quotes. Updated quotes based on the latest datasheet modifications are being requested from selected vendors.
- Layout – An updated layout in 3D has been generated. More information will be integrated with additional data to be received from vendors and once the line sizing is complete.
- Pre-construction activities – The Corporation is now in discussions with service providers who will be handling the peripheral engineering design (civil and architectural, HVAC system, drain system designs, etc.), construction permitting, performing the safety related activities such as independent HAZID and HAZOP
- Complementary testwork – Certain pilot testwork has been continuing internally and externally throughout the last 6 months focused on magnet crushing and solid handling. Various pilot equipment for this testwork continued to arrive at the Boucherville and Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville’s facilities where testing is conducted.