Energy transmission market could hit $170 billion
Nearly $70 billion of projects are scheduled to come online between 2012-2015
AURORA, Colo.—Spending on energy transmission projects in North America could hit $170 billion by 2020 according to energy market analysts and marketers Energy Central.
Highlights of the report include:
- Nearly $70 billion of projects are scheduled to come online between 2012-2015.
- Nearly $7 billion of projects representing about 3,100 miles of lines, are scheduled to come online in 2012.
- 2013 and 2014could see investments of $15.4 billion and $15.3 billion, respectively, representing 5,600 miles and 6,100 miles of lines.
- In 2015 the number is forecast at $31 billion, representing 9,700 miles of lines.
- For the 2016-2020 period, North American transmission investment is expected to amount to $101.2 billion, with $74.3 billion invested by 2018.
The full report is available on TransmissionHub.com.