Three Canadians have been elected to this year’s Power Transmission Distributors Association leadership.
It’s a significant number given that the board of directors has just eight members. The total estimated market for power transmission/motion control products in North America is US$70.4 billion. The total Canadian market size is US$6.4 billion, according to the Power Transmission & Motion Control Market Size Report.
Jos Sueters, vice president, Tsubaki of Canada Limited, Mississauga, Ont., has been elected to the PTDA Board of Directors and he will also assume the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2020.
An immediate priority for The Manufacturer Council is to focus on bringing distributors and manufacturers together to develop tools that drive value, said Sueters, who has been active in PTDA governance since 2008 when he joined the Canadian Conference Advisory Group.
Joining Sueters on the Manufacturer Council for 2020 will be Manufacturer Council vice chair Chester Collier, senior vice president global distribution, Walter Service Technologies, Pointe Claire, Que., and immediate past chair Jeffrey W. Moore, senior vice president, ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc., Greenville, S.C.
Brian Davis, executive vice president/COO, B & D Industrial, Norcross, Ga., has been named PTDA’s president in 2020. Joining Davis on the 2020 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
- First vice president JP Bouchard, vice president, General Bearing Service Inc., Ottawa
- Second vice president Mike McLain, vice president, Allied Bearing & Supply, Inc., Harahan, La.
- Treasurer Jim Williams, vice president product, Motion Industries Inc., Birmingham, Ala.
- Immediate past president Jim Halverson, manager power products, Van Meter, Inc., Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Manufacturer Council Chair Jos Sueters, vice president, Tsubaki of Canada Limited, Mississauga, Ont.
- Manufacturer Council vice chair Chester Collier, senior vice president global distribution, Walter Service Technologies, Pointe Claire, Que.
- PTDA Foundation president Keith Nowak, president, MPT Drives, Madison Heights, Mich.
- EPTDA President Zoltan Arkovics, managing director, BDI Europe LTD, Budapest, Hungary
PTDA is headquartered in Chicago and represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 2,700 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.