CAE signs series of deals worth $100M
The announcement includes renewals of long-standing contracts as well as new flight simulator sales
MONTREAL—Flight training technology and services company CAE Inc. has signed a series of civil aviation training solutions contracts worth more than $100 million with airlines and aircraft operators worldwide.
The contracts include:
- A 10-year renewal of its training service outsourcing agreement with Iberia
- The renewal of long-term training services with Turkish Airlines
- An ERJ170 training services agreement with Compass Airlines
- The sale of a full-flight simulator to a U.S.-based customer
- The sale of a CAE SimfinityXR integrated procedure trainer to Aegean, the largest airline in Greece.
“We are proud to continue to be the partner of choice for training of Iberia and Turkish Airlines and to welcome Aegean and Compass Airlines as new customers,” said Nick Leontidis, group president of Civil Simulation and Training at CAE.
“Our relationship with Iberia, one of the world’s preeminent legacy carriers, spans the last 50 years, beginning with the sale of the airline’s very first full-flight simulator.”
Under the agreement with Iberia, more than 1,000 Iberia pilots will train annually at the CAE Madrid training centre in La Muñoza, Madrid-Barajas, where CAE operates ten full-flight simulators.
“CAE is Iberia’s partner of choice for training solutions because we are confident in its ability to deliver the latest technologies, the highest quality training programs, and the most reliable service,” said Rafael Jiménez Hoyos, Chief Flight Officer of Iberia.