Cadillac ATS named 2013 North American Car of the Year
by CanadianManufacturing.com Staff
The Cadillac ATS sports sedan weighs in at less than 3,400 pounds and is offered in rear- and all-wheel drive versions.
DETROIT—The 2013 Cadillac ATS luxury sport sedan today was named the winner of the North American Car of the Year award.
A jury of 49 automotive journalists considered every new car released in the past year, and selected ATS as the winner. The award was announced at a press conference opening the 25th annual North American International Auto Show at the COBO Center in Detroit.
Weighing in at less than 3,400 pounds (1,542 kg), the compact sport sedan is offered in rear- and all-wheel drive versions. Choose from the standard 2.5L four-cylinder; a 2.0l turbocharged four-cylinder and the V-6
The 2.5L is rated at 202 horsepower and 191 lb.-ft. or torque while the high-output 2.0L turbo is rated at 272 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. The award-winning 3.6L V-6 hums at 321 horsepower and 275 lb.-ft. of torque.
Here are some additional specifications from Cadillac:
- The ATS has Cadillac’s first five-link independent rear suspension using lightweight, high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
- A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
- Driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension with Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping
- Underbody aerodynamic shields
- Premium (belt driven) electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
- Four-channel ABS with available Brembo performance brakes