Chemical leak at N.J. medical company injures 17
Two of the injured were airlifted to hospital after workers smelled a chemical odour, then got sore throats and burning eyes
HAMMONTON, N.J.—Authorities say a chemical leak at a medical company in southern New Jersey has left 17 people injured.
The refrigerant leak happened April 30 at Home Solutions Infusion Therapy in Hammonton.
Hammonton Police Chief Robert Jones tells the Press of Atlantic City that two of the injured were airlifted to hospitals.
Jones says emergency workers combed the building to make sure no one else is inside.
Worker Kim Valentine told the newspaper that she smelled a chemical odour in the building before her throat became sore. Her eyes were red and swollen, and she said they stung.
Other employees said they were nauseated and had headaches.