Plant Magazine publishes roundtable findings discussion on YouTube
by Sadi Muktadir
The report provides manufacturing leaders with valuable insight as they head into 2022, illustrating prescient trends and areas to focus on as they head into the future.
On Oct. 21, Canadian Manufacturing hosted a webinar to dive into key insight provided during the Aug. 11 roundtable discussion on the Advanced Manufacturing Outlook survey. The survey’s results and roundtable discussion has been compiled into an in-depth Advanced Manufacturing Outlook Report which is available as a free download on the PLANT website.
The Oct. 21 webinar asked panelists to expand on some of the key findings provided during August’s webinar. Some of those key findings include how addressing the talent shortage can help smart manufacturers remain competitive in a post-pandemic marketplace, cybersecurity concerns in the face of increased cyber-attacks, and how a strategic vs. tactical IIoT implementation can effect the success of that implementation.
That discussion is now available on YouTube on Plant‘s channel.
The survey asked manufacturers questions around 5 key categories:
- Engagement – How applied were Industry 4.0 upgrades and advanced IIoT-enabled solutions
- Data – Were IIoT solutions being used to collect data and how was that data being used
- Investment – How much capital was being devoted to IIoT upgrades and what areas were manufacturers focused on
- Process – How and where manufacturers were applying advanced technology solutions, and what technologies were they taking advantage of
- Security – What was the level of cybersecurity at manufacturing businesses, especially post-IIoT upgrades and in the face of increased cyberattacks
The free report provides manufacturing leaders with valuable insight as they head into 2022, illustrating prescient trends and areas to focus on as they head into the future.