Every month, Fundingportal tracks which companies and organizations in the cleantech sector secured government incentives and provides you with insights on how to find and secure funding for your business.
This Month’s Featured Grants
1. Canadian Solar and its subsidiary, Suffield Solar LP, received $15.3M from Natural Resources Canada’s Emerging Renewable Power Program to construct a new solar farm in southeastern Alberta (Source).
2. Fractal Systems Inc. in Calgary got $7.2M from the SD Tech Fund to make it easier to ship and refine bitumen through a partial upgrading solution that reduces environmental impacts (Source).
3. The Biomass Cluster, led by the BioFuelNet Canada Network, attracted $7M from the Canadian Agricultural Partnership to drive innovation and help improve technologies for processing agricultural biomass (Source).
Are these funds right for your business?
• The Emerging Renewable Power Program has a $200M budget to support commercially-viable renewable energy sources. The program is not currently accepting applications.
• The SD Tech Fund provides grants to pre-commercial projects that have the potential to demonstrate significant and quantifiable environmental and economic benefits in one or more of the following areas: climate change, clean air, clean water and clean soil.
• The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year, $3B framework that offers several programs geared at the agriculture and agri-food sector.
Fundingportal assists Canadian cleantech companies to get funded. Learn more.