CALGARY—The National Energy Board (NEB) has finalized an order directing all of its regulated companies to make emergency management program information publicly available in an online format by Jul. 31, 2017.
The deadline for this directive has been pushed back to July from the originally planned deadline of Mar. 31 of this year.
The order directs companies to confirm with the NEB by Aug. 15, 2017 that all required emergency management program information has been published online.
All NEB-regulated company emergency management programs must include the following key elements:
- Policy and commitment
- Goals and objectives
- Public safety information
- An emergency procedures manual
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Clean-up and remediation information
- Stakeholder liaison to prepare for emergencies
- Continuing education
- Training and exercises
- Incident management system