The new ultra compact mini monoblock filler/capper is designed for pharmaceutical, diagnostic and cosmetic filling applications.
ESS Technologies, Inc. of Blacksburg, Virginia, and specialists in complete packaging line design, manufacture and integration has released its new Model MB 25 Mini Monoblock Filler/Capper.
Engineered for pharmaceutical, diagnostic and cosmetic filling/capping applications, the cost effective mechanical drive, filling, and capping systems handle up to 60 small bottles, tubes or micro-vials per minute.
Gravity chutes allow the operator to manually feed containers while caps and plugs to the starwheel provide automatic placement, creating a highly compact and affordable Monoblock filler/capper system.
Available in single pitch or dual pitch configurations, the MB 25 offers a range of filling options for liquids, powders and creams.
The mini Monoblock also handles a wide variety of closure types, including screw-on caps, push-on caps, pumps, dispensers and stoppers.
- ergonomical design with sturdy aluminum tubular construction for easy inspection, maintenance and quick size changeover;
- containers index directly into the multi-station starwheel featuring a No Bottle-No Fill-No Cap standard;
- fill times may be independent of the starwheel to allow for various fluid fill rates, with the starwheel mechanically driven with a precision zero-backlash indexer;
- each station is inspected to ensure proper fill levels and correct placement of plugs and caps;
- interlocked and gasketed Lexan machine safety guarding prevents injury to the operator;
- Rockwell Automation‘s Allen Bradley PLC (programmable logic controller) and PanelView Plus 600 touchscreen HMI (human-machine interface) controls are standard with the MB 25, though other control options may be specified.
An optional automatic reject may be ordered to remove incorrect containers from the production process.
Correct containers exit via a discharge conveyor, or the MB 25 may be integrated with a robotic unloading station or other means to convey containers to downstream labeling or packaging equipment.
Size changeover is easy and quick, usually less than 15 minutes. Available quick changeover options can reduce this time to less than five minutes.
Optional vibratory or centrifugal bottle, plug and cap feeders may be integrated with the MB 25 to create a fully automated filling and capping line.
Servo drive, filling and capping systems may also be ordered as an option.
The system can automatically insert plugs, reducers, dropper tips and brushes into the container prior to capping. Caps are secured using a mechanical placement and pre-torque mechanism as well as a final torque mechanism.
For more information, visit www.esstchnologies.com.