A plethora of company acquisitions within the packaging industry show a wide variance of market segment businesses being snapped up.
The world of packaging is never static – thank goodness!
Here are some of the recent acquisitions within the packaging industry:
- Atlanta, Ga.-based rigid containers group BWAY Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ropak Packaging—one of North America’s leading manufacturer of rigid, plastic shipping containers serving the consumer goods, food processing, construction, dairy, petroleum and other industries headquartered in Fountain Valley, Ca.—from LINPAC Group in a stock-purchase transaction estimated at about US$265 million. “Ropak is known for innovative products and exceptional customer service, and integrating Ropak into our business creates an excellent opportunity to broaden our product portfolio and expand our reach,” says BWAY’s president and chief executive officer Kenneth Roessler.
- Neenah, Wis.-based consumer packaging products and solutions manufacturer Menasha Packaging Company, LLC has completed the acquisition of Rand Diversified, Edison, N.J.-based fulfillment and contract manufacturing and co-packing services provider for pharmaceutical and CPG (consumer packaged goods) industries. “This acquisition strengthens our geographic coverage with the addition of East Coast fulfillment and contract packaging capabilities,” says Menasha Packaging president Mike Waite, adding the company now operates a total of 16 fulfillment operations across eight U.S. states.
- Flexographic label printing and converting services provider Trinity Packaging Corporation of Armonk, N.Y., has completed the acquisition of Buffalo, N.Y.-based flexible packaging producer Cello-Pack Corporation—a full-service supplier of flexible packaging for pet-food, meat, dairy and food-and-beverage producers now operating as the Cello-Pack Specialty Films and Lamination division of the Trinity Packaging Corporation.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company, Atlanta, Ga.-headquartered manufacturer of packaging products and solutions for food-and-beverage and other CPG (consumer packaged goods industries) has completed the acquisition of the U.K.-based food packaging products supplier Contego Packaging Holdings, Ltd. and its A&R Carton Holding B.V. subsidiary, which primarily serves European beer and beverage markets.
- St. Louis, Mo.-based clear plastic packaging products supplier VisiPak has completed the acquisition of Flex Products, manufacturer of clear plastic packaging containers operating a 70,000-square-foot production facility in Carlstadt, N.J.
- Green Bay, Wis.-headquartered WS Packaging Group, Inc. has completed the acquisition of Label World, Rochester, N.Y.-based full-service printer specializing in self-adhesive labels and flexible package printing. “From delivering outstanding print quality to engaging in ongoing improvements in its operations, Label World has an established ‘lean’ culture that’s enabled it to become a market innovator in terms of quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness,” explains WS Packaging’s chief executive officer Rex Lane.