The commission will make the decision on who will be inducted into the 2012 class.
PMMI, the owner and producer of PACK EXPO International 2012 to be held October 28-31, 2012 at McCormick Place in Chicago, has announced its 2012 Packaging Hall of Fame Commission, a panel of packaging industry professionals, educators and journalists who will determine the inductees into the 2012 Packaging Hall of Fame.
The Packaging Hall of Fame recognizes career packaging professionals for their contributions to the industry and packaging education. The honor, which PMMI coordinates, has been presented annually since 1971.
The 2012 induction ceremony will be held in conjunction with PACK EXPO International 2012, on October 30, at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place hotel, adjacent to the tradeshow.
“We’re grateful for the participation of all the Commission members,” says PMMI vice-president of education and workforce development Maria Ferrante. “They are giving their time to honor some of the most important leaders in packaging.”
The 2012 Packaging Hall of Fame Commission is:
- Joe Angel, Packaging World;
- Jeff Bigger, Massman Automation Designs, LLC;
- Tom Egan, PMMI;
- Maria Ferrante, PMMI;
- Greg Flickinger, Snyder’s-Lance;
- Rick Fox, Jr.; Fox IV Technologies, Inc.;
- Mark Green, Abbott Nutrition;
- Timm Johnson, Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery, Inc.;
- Bob Larkin, ACH Food Companies;
- Mike Lorenzen, University of Wisconsin – Stout;
- Jim Mino, Hormel Foods;
- Ben Miyares, Packaging Management Institute;
- Tyler Pease, Institute of Packaging Professionals;
- Joe Pryweller, Packaging Strategies;
- Sean Riley, PMT magazine;
- Rick Schneider, Schneider Packaging Equipment Co. Inc.;
- Bruce Welt, University of Florida.
Nominations Open Through June 25
Any member of the packaging community may submit a nomination for this year’s Packaging Hall of Fame class.
The deadline for submissions is June 25, 2012, and the nomination form, requirements and guidelines are online at www.pmmi.org/PHOFnomination.
PMMI is a trade association of about 600 member companies that manufacture packaging, processing and related converting machinery in the U.S. or Canada; machinery components and packaging containers and materials. PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International (October 28-31, 2012), PACK EXPO Las Vegas and EXPO PACK México (June 26-29, 2012), connecting participants in the packaging and processing supply chain with their customers around the world. For more information, visit PMMI.org and Packexpo.com.