IPPE attracts a record number of visitors to Atlanta, Ga. for one of its biggest shows ever
Atlanta, Ga. – A record number of visitors – more than 26,000 – attended the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta, Ga. from Jan. 29-31, 2013. These visitors came from all over the world to see the largest annual trade show covering the poultry, meat and feed industry.
This year’s show combined the International Poultry Expo, the International Feed Expo and the American Meat Institute’s (AMI) International Meat Expo.
The main attraction was the large exhibit floor, covering more than 430,000 sq. ft. With 1,189 exhibitors presenting the latest advances in equipment, supplies and services, attendees were able to view and experience all phases of the poultry, feed, and meat industry, from live production and processing to further processing and packaging.
Food in Canada attended the show. Here’s a selection of products and innovations we came across. For more coverage, please see our March 2013 issue.
IsoAge Technologies supplies the food, dairy and pet industries with multifunctional ingredient systems. The company highlighted several products at the show including its:
• MOstatin LV1, a patented, all-natural fruit juice and vinegar-based multifunctional ingredient that inhibits the growth of a wide variety of spoilage organisms;
• MOstatin V, an all-natural vinegar-based ingredient technology that aids in the stabilization of foods; and
• INNOstatin 007, a multifunctional blend of natural flavours that enhance the functionality anti-microbial ingredient systems.
Griffith Laboratories highlighted solutions in Listeria protection. The company’s Micocin line offers two ways to protect products.
• Micocin II is a superfine powder containing a live culture that can be added to the surface of your product in a spray application prior to the product being packaged and sealed.
• Preserval is a line of customized products containing the pasteurized metabolites of Micocin II that can be directly added to product formulas before the cooking process.
Griffith says using Micocin can reduce the risk of Listeria outbreaks by inhibiting the growth of Listeria monocytogenes on processed foods. The company says it’s derived from naturally occurring elements already found in many food products.
Wax paper source
Framarx/Waxstar manufactures packaging papers for meat, poultry, confectionery and baked products.
The company offers:
• Patty Paper for hamburgers and sandwiches, and
• Wax Paper Rolls for use for freezers.
It also offers Patty Paper sheets or rolls for tear-pin systems, roll-feed systems or vacuum-feed systems. The company also produces sustainable food service paper products. Framarx/Waxstar paper products come in different paper grades, and its paper can be converted into rolls.
The company also offers its Bacon Layout Paper, which has an aesthetically pleasing appearance and can be converted into either custom-size sheets or rolls. Its standard Bacon layout paper is a 30-pound grease resistant paper with a premium release coating.
Air Products supplies atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and services.
The company highlighted its Freshline Liquid Nitrogen Injection Solution (LIN-IS).
The tailor-made temperature control system is ideal for coating, mixing and forming applications.
The liquid nitrogen system can reduce moisture loss, can individually quick-freeze products, and can avoid water crystal formation. It can also bring about a rapid drop in temperature and offer an efficient chilling solution. This can be used to control temperature, offer high-quality products and repeatable and reliable processes.