Event looks at how to participate in upcoming infrastructure projects
TORONTO: Canadian manufacturers take note: India plans to invest more than US$1 trillion over the next five years to meet infrastructure demands and more than half of that money will be coming from the private sector.
The Canada-India Business Council (C-IBC) & Aspire International Group are providing an opportunity for Canadian businesses to learn how they can secure some of that business during a session in Toronto May 11.
Key issues and strategies will be discussed through a series of short presentations and expert panels. The sessions will cover urban infrastructure, transport and logistics, India’s energy needs, the policy and regulatory environment and recent developments in Indian infrastructure finance.
Speakers at “Infrastructure Today – India Opportunity 2012” will include:
• AK Upadhyay, Secretary, Ministry of Road, Transport & Highways, Government of India.
• Dave Saunders, CEO, LEA Group.
• Gautam Bhandari, Head, Morgan Stanley Infrastructure (MSI) Asia.
• Luis Miranda, Former Chairman, IDFC Private Equity.
• Nicholas Parker, co-founder and executive chair, Cleantech Group.
• Shahzaad Dalal, VC & MD, IL&FS Investment Managers.
• Stephen Beatty, Head, Global Infrastructure (Americas), KPMG.
Click here for more information.