Develops system for American retailers to reach Canadians
AUSTIN, Texas—A US shipping service company is trying to make it easier for American merchants to serve Canadian shoppers.
Newgistics Inc. has created a new program that manages small parcel delivery, freight shipping services, and returns management for retail goods crossing the border. It is working in conjunction with Santa Barbara, Calif.-based Landmark Global, which will provide brokerage services, and Canada Post, which will deliver the packages in Canada.
Among the services offered by Newgistics are:
- prepaid shipping labels for returns
- door-to-door tracking and merchant notifications for returned packages
- three- to seven-day delivery to all provinces and territories
- merchant-branded communications and Web sites
- electronic Customs clearance procedures
Outgoing parcels will be shipped through Newgistics’s distribution centres to Landmark Global. Then they will be transferred to Canada Post for domestic delivery after Customs inspections have been completed.